Webmaster FAQ resources to help make a website
When you make a website with doomby, not only do you get all the powerful, configurable and free website builder tools you'll need, you also get all the help to make a website you could want, however you'd like it.
Our webmasters' FAQ lists the most common questions people ask us, classed by theme, and include easy-to-follow answers to help you create a website easily. If you're wondering how to make a website, you've come to the right place.
- What is doomby?
- doomby is a free online tool to make a website, and includes everything needed to add and manager pages and content, and to publish and host a site.
Normally, to make a website you'd have to get lots of different software and learn programming languages, which isn't easy and requires a lot of time, study and effort. doomby makes it easy to make your own website as everything is provided online, in one spot. You just add content, apply the text formatting and page layout you want, and we'll take care of the rest. If you already know how to use writing of word processing applications, then you know just about all you need to create a website with doomby. And best of all, it's free.
- How much does it cost to make a website on doomby?
- Nothing - it's absolutely free! It won't cost you a thing to make a website on doomby - no fees, no charges, nothing. Your site is paid for by discreet ad banners, which you can remove with a doombyPLUS subscription. If you'd like to add it or any of our other services to your free website, you can: see this page for details.
- What will my website look like?
- You can choose one of our ready-made designs, and personalize it any way you'd like, or create you website design from scratch to get exactly the kind of website you want. See our webmaster testimonials page for examples of some of the websites doomby webmasters have created. And there's another site example right in from of you: our doomby.com website is created and managed using the same tools you'll be using.
- Do I need to pay for hosting?
- You don't need to host your site - your doomby website is hosted free, by us. In addition to free, unlimited bandwidth and site pages, you'll get 250MB of storage for your site images and files.
Creating and accessing an account
- How do I create a website? How long does it take?
- It only takes a couple of minutes at most to make your website. Just sign up for a free website, choose a username and password, and enter your email address so we can send you your account codes. That's it - your account is online, and all you need do is choose an addess for your website.
- How long does it take to pubish my site online?
- As long as it takes to create your account - your website will be published online as soon as your account is created, and your site accessible via the address you choose.
- I have an existing website I'd like to transfer to doomby, how do I do it?
- You'll need to recreate site pages and menus using the tools in your site manager. Begin by creating an account and choosing a site address. If your site has an existing domain name, you can transfer it as well, right from the site manager. Contact the support team if you need a hand to transfer it.
- I've forgotten my password - how do I get it back?
- Head to the sign-in box at the top of doomby.com, and click the Lost password link. We'll send your account codes by email.
- How does doomby work - do I have to install any software?
- You don't need to install anything extra - doomby is an all-in-one online website builder and site management tool. To use it, just sign into your site manager from a web browser and add content (like text, images and videos) to your pages using simple visual tools. As soon as you've saved your changes, they're available online straight away - when you upload an image to your website, your friends and family can see it instantly, wherever they may be.
- I don't know anything about HTML. Can I still make a website with doomby?
- Of course you can! doomby is designed with beginners in mind, so anyone can get online and make their own website - without having to spend hours pouring over books. You don't need to know anything about HTML; doomby's visual WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) tools are just like the ones you use with a word processor.
- Can I get help managing my website? Do I need to share my account codes with other site webmasters?
- You can create as many webmaster accounts as you'd like to get help managing your site or adding content. Once you've created your account, you can add existing doomby member accounts as webmasters of your site, or create new accounts, and choose what kind of content each one can (and can't) manage.
- Can I make a website with a choice of languages?
- Yes, you can add additional languages for your website from the site manager, and make a multi-lingual website.